Coronavirus Message to our Valued Guests
A Message to Our Valued Guests from the George Washington Wood Bed & Breakfast Owner, Carol Rutkowski
Dear Friends and Customers,
We hope that you are all safe and healthy.
We wanted to let you know that as we plan to reopen the George Washington Wood B&B, we care about the health and safety of all our staff and guests.
Due to the impact and changes caused by COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we want you to know we are taking the CDC guidelines for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously, as well as additional steps to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff members.
George Washington Wood B&B have set-up procedures to follow the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) for COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Our staff members will be trained to adhere to the latest guidance and hygiene protocols, including social distancing guidelines. Below are the guidelines we are following for the George Washington Wood B&B.
- Reinforce personal hygiene (hand washing and cough etiquette) throughout your operation.
- Guests will receive their own bag of masks, sanitizer and wipes for their convenience.
- Guests and staff will wear masks in the common areas.
- Provide a boxed meal or serve individually plated breakfast.
- Developed a cleaning methodology/process to ensure all surfaces are cleaned.
- Monitor employee health. Encourage symptomatic employees to stay home.
- Kitchen will be for staff only.
- Outdoor seating can be arranged ahead of time for friends or family members of the guests.
- Promote and encourage social distancing and self-check-in procedures.
- Take every opportunity to spread out guests and occupied guestrooms such as 2-night separation for room reservations. To the best of our ability, keep a 2-night separation between guest checkout and guest check-in for each of your rooms. This will allow a 48-hour period for thorough sanitation and any residual virus germs to expire prior to the next guest check-in.
- Proper functioning of ventilation and air exchange equipment and monitoring the condition of filters.
- All rooms and common areas should be ventilated.
Specific Guidelines for Procedural Implementation
- Use only CDC approved disinfectants that kill 99.9% of microbes and germs.
- Use of microfiber cloths to absorb grime and germs. Wash them separately with no fabric softener and no dryer sheets.
- Utilizing a pressurized spray bottle to disinfect larger areas like showers, bathtubs and shower curtains.
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Gloves and masks will be worn by those cleaning the facility.
- Reinforce the correct way to remove and dispose of gloves and masks.
- Removal of items such as decorative pillows, journals, magazines, books, etc.
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect all hard surfaces including high touch items such as: TV changers, TV buttons, door knobs, safety latch, light switches, fan & light pull chains, thermostats, blind wands & strings, dresser drawer handles, alarm clock, trash receptacle touch points, faucet, and toilet handles.
- Utilize pillow protectors plus the pillowcase.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely to ensure the safety of each one of you; we will keep updating you regularly.
Thank you in advance for considering our guidelines. We cannot wait to welcome you all to the George Washington Wood B&B again.
Till then, please stay safe.
George Washington Wood Bed & Breakfast